Today’s free flash game of the day award went to Epic War 3, an amazing mix of role playing elements, collectible card game and tactics. The game is incredibly challenging, so I have decided to create a small tips and tricks feature to help those who keep getting their arse kicked in the game. I am aware that many other tactics could be applied in Epic War 3, this is just my way of playing – and I did win after a long time. Check out the Epic War 3 tips and tricks below:
1. I suggest you start the game with Rembrant the Bloody, since he has a really nice and powerful starting deck.
2. It would be wise to eliminate players one by one. Start with the one to the right, then continue to the left.
3. Remember to always upgrade your cards! It would be good to have a strategy, since prices will get very high. I would recommend upgrading the green creatures first, since they are fast and only take a few seconds to be generated. Improving the meteor next is your priority, then continue to upgrade the green creatures alongside the archers. Once you have them to level 3, they should posses enough power until the later stages of the game.
4. Always protect your archers! Keep them way behind the melee forces and make sure they’re always protected. They are your most powerful weapon!
5. Use the skill cards as soon as possible. Try aiming at the enemies that wait outside the castle – in Epic War 3, the AI tends to stack up the most powerful forces there, but if you hit them, they will charge. If you don’t, you’re lost.
6. It would be best if you played all the battles yourself, the computer might lose some for you.
7. The most dangerous, in my opinion, enemy troops, are the purple spell casters (those who send waves of fire at you). They usually keep their distance, and you can only kill them with the skill cards. Make sure you do so as soon as they appear, otherwise they might cost you the battle. I have also noticed that sometimes they tend to remain hidden if your forces are already charging the enemy castle, so it would be wise to retreat a bit (archers first!) then return once they are killed. Once my entire fight was lost because I didn’t do so!
8. Save often, preferably after each fight. In the later stages of the game, it will be very time consuming to end a battle.
9. Do not charge as soon as the battle starts! Wait for some seconds to get your first basic troops (goblins and zombies) and send then close to the end of the first screen. Use the skill cards until you have more troops, arrange them accordingly (archers in the back, hero in between to hit and run, melee in front) and charge as fast as possible. After the AI sends its first wave, it will last a while until they will come back again. Until then, you will have taken at least half of the castle’s health and you will be able to hit them hard with the skill cards.
10. Make sure to always click on the units and order them where to go. If one unit dies, it will not come to battle or “remember” its last placement. Instead, it will stay in front of the castle. But you will always need them at the other end, so keep clicking and ordering them to move where they should be.
11. Be patient. If it somehow happens for you to lose a battle, it’s not the end of the world. You still get some experience and money, and keep going!
Now, if you are interested, I’m showing you my deck halfway through the game. It is a really, really powerful deck and I have lost no battles with it!
Unit cards used: Goblin Soldiers (Maximum level), Centaur Archer (level 4), Zombies (maximum level), Magic Cannon (level 3), Phantom Armor (level 3) and Black Knight (level 4).
Skill Cards Used: Comet Shot (level 4), Rain of arrows (level 3), Meteor strike (level 2).