You have to love the patching process on PC systems! Take Dawn of War II as an example: Relic is releasing Patch 1.2.1 for the successful RTS and they’re also debuting a brand new map with, just because they feel like. Now ain’t that really cute? Yes, it is, especially since it’s a completely free release!
The new Dawn of War II map is called Tiber Outpost and is intended to be played in multiplayer – six player matches, to be precise. And that’s not all. The overall experience will be better since tons of improvements are being brought by this Patch 1.2.1 for Dawn of War II. Here is the complete list of changes:
– Implemented final fixes for the Population Cap issue as noted in Patch 1.1.3. This included reverting the temporary changes made in Patch 1.1.3.
– Tyranid Warrior Adrenal Gland upgrade damage reduced from 52 to 40
– Energy Shields no longer regenerate while active – This includes the Zoanthrope, Falcon, Hive Tyrant, Warlock, Force Commander, Mekboy and Techmarine
– Energy Shield conversion modifier reduced from .2 to .25
– Energy Shields now have an 8 second toggle on / toggle off time.
– Falcon Energy regeneration reduced from 3 to .5
– Melee damage reduction versus Rippers reduced from .25 to .3
– Zoanthrope Focus Blast now immobilizes vehicles for 12 seconds from 15
– Guardian Battle Equipment cost increased to 50/15 from 40/10
– Carnifex cost increased to 600/135 from 550/125
– Tactical Sergeant’s melee special attack reduced to 28 from 50
– “And They Shall Know No Fear” now debuffs Tactical Marine melee damage by .6
– Spore Mines can no longer enter Ravener Tunnels and Webway Gates
– Warp Spider deathspinner damage increased from 20 to 30
– Warp Spider Exarch dual deathspinner damage increased from 30 to 35
– Fixed an issue where campaign completion achievements were sometimes not awarded
– Fixed an issue where players were awarded a win in Ranked multiplayer matches after modifying local files.
– Fixed an issue with automatching code to help provide better quality matches based on TrueSkill Rankings.
– Fixed an issue allowing players with mismatched data to be grouped together.
– Updated BugSplat error reporting to new version.