It appears that today is the day of patching: after the Dawn of War II patch, the PC version of Call of Duty: World at War also got patched by Activision, fixing multiplayer issues and, just as it happens with PC patches, adding three brand new maps, plus the Nazi Zombie map. A real joy! Here are the full details of the WaW patch:
– 3 new Multiplayer maps: Knee Deep, Nightfire, Station
– Nazi Zombies map with more weapons, Perks-a-Cola machines, and electroshock defenses: Verruckt
– Improved spawning logic.
– Auto balancing improvements. Players are no longer auto balanced while completing objectives.
– Mods: IWD’s can be placed in the usermaps folder.
– Mods: Hold Breath / Sprint functions as intended.
– Mods: MissingAssets.csv is generated when maps are run with developer set to 1.
– Fixed lag caused by shooting at tanks.
– All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds.
– Players who equip a Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.
– Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
– Martyrdom no longer causes direct impact deaths in Hardcore modes.
– “Bayonet jumping” has been disabled.
You can get the Call of Duty World at War patch for PC here.