The patch tackles issues and introduces improvements regarding matchmaking, roster and parties amongst others.
The patch, which is detailed below via Halo Waypoint, will automatically download the next time you play The Master Chief Collection.
The patch notes are as follows:
• Made improvements to the reliability of Matchmaking parties.
• Local split-screen players will now always be on the same team in Halo 2 Matchmaking.
• Made an update to allow players to use Voice Chat during loading screens in Matchmaking.
• Made an update to ensure that players are not forced into an incorrect party after encountering an issue in Matchmaking.
• Resolved an issue where the “Winning Team Won” text was shown in the Carnage Report.
• Made fixes to reduce the amount of time it takes to update the Roster:
• Players will now be discovered sooner after starting the game.
• Changes to the roster will be more immediate to better reflect friend activity.
• Made several improvements to party joining and management.
• Resolved an issue where players that were in a party could not join another party from the Roster.
• Made changes to ensure that parties cannot exceed the maximum party size of a playlist.
• Made an update to ensure that Party Leaders can assign a new Party Leader or Kick a player from their party.
• Made a change to ensure that teams selections are correctly carried over in Custom Games.
• Made an update to ensure that player settings do not revert to a previous state after completing a Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer match.
• Made an update to ensure that players do not disconnect after completing a Custom Game.
• Resolved an issue in Custom Games where parties would disband if some players were playing in Split-Screen.
• Made a change to ensure that Halo 3 Custom Game variants display correct author information.
• Made various changes and improvements to Halo: CE multiplayer hit registration.
• Made an update to ensure that the “Legend Slayer” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met.
• The “Pacifist” Achievement will no longer be awarded for resuming “Assault on the Control Room”.
• Made a variety of stability improvements across the following areas:
• Custom Games
• Campaign Playlists
• Main Menu
• Updated the Halo 2 “Green Fingers” Button Layout.
• Updated the Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer Recon Button Layout.
• Made improvements to stat-tracking.
• Improved language support for Norweigan, Spanish, German and Japanese.
343 also notes that they are aware of an issue which means the “Legacy” control scheme wrongly function as “default” in Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo 4 and are working on a fix.
What do you think should be tackled in the next update?