Insomniac are not wasting any time celebrating the success of Resistance 2 – they keep working and improving the game, in order for us to have an even better experience (and, of course, in order to sell the product to even more people). Therefore, later today we’ll receive the Patch 1.40 for Resistance 2, a pretty solid one which deals with the most important problems, like the revival of your level (if it magically became 1), the medic’s experience rate growth, weapon and gameplay tweaks and more. Here are some of the most important changes:
– Added clan support for viewing members, sending invites, and setting up clan tags
– Default clan region is now USA
– Unbalanced ranked games are cancelled in staging before the game is started
– Parties are prevented from matchmaking into free-for-all Deathmatch games
– Splash damage on Pulse Cannon can damage the player firing it
– Rossmore reticule better reflects its accuracy
For the entire changelist of the Resistance 2 Patch 1.40, visit the official PlayStation Blog.