- Added Horses
- Added Donkeys, Mules
- Added Horse Armor
- Added Leads
- Added Carpets
- Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
- Added Block of Coal
- Added Name Tags (item)
- Added Hay Bales
- Texture packs are now “resource packs” that also can hold sound etc
- Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter
- You can’t destroy blocks with a sword in creative mode
- Removed Herobrine
The horses are a welcome update among players, allowing them to travel faster along the world. The horses work better than the other way of using a pig and stick with a carrot combo to travel. The Name Tags, found in Creative Mode and in dungeons, are a fun way to do more things in the game. The Herobrine easter egg was well played on Mojang’s part, referencing the online urban legend.
There was also some big news announced yesterday by the company. Minecraft will be released for the PS Vita, PS3 and the PS4. No further details were posted, but the company promised to keep everyone updated on the situation.
Mojang employee Nathan Adams has also been giving the public some information on version 1.7 on Twitter. While there is no set release date, here is a bit of what we know so far:
- Three New Biomes: Clay Canyon, Redwood Forest, and another cliff
- The possibility of a Skylands-like world
- Improvements to the oceans and fishing mechanics
- Reworking of the achievement system
- Addition of new flowers and a cherry tree
- Updates to make the launcher more visually appeasing.
Mojang will announce the release date for 1.7 and the Playstation version in the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned for more details.