What would you say about a hack and slash third person game set in the Final Fantasy VII universe and ready to blow your socks off with resolutions of up to 2580×1102? A dream come true, you say? Well… then you are correct, because that’s exactly what Avalanche is: a third person hack and slash game you can download completely free of charge and enjoy it as it is.
Currently at version 0.6 (which means that it still has it’s share of bugs and glitches), Avalanche features characters and environments seen in Final Fantasy VII, and takes place shortly after the events of the first game in the Final Fantasy VII series. You will take the role of Tifa, who has to stop, together with Cloud and Barrett the last hidden mako reactor that is still operational (and probably find more about Rufus who is missing).
Amongst the features of this great looking free game, the developer, Rich Whitehouse has highlighted the following:
– 2 single player campaigns, 1 multiplayer mode
– character attribute system
– several fighting moves
– supports resolutions from 640×480 up to 2580×1102 (configurable)
– featuring extensive soundtrack
– includes joypad support (recommended, but standard FPS keyboard + mouse control present)
– easily moddable, sandbox environment (Chocobo Wonderland) present
So yes, both for the fans of the Final Fantasy universe, as well as hack and slash maniacs, Avalanche is a must have, must download and must play game. So head over to the title’s official website and hit the link to download it!