Our good friends at Humble Bundle have once again put together one of the biggest bangs for your buck. This week’s bundle is the “Very Positive” bundle featuring games that are highly rated by users in the Steam community.
Chipping in at least a dollar will get you:
- Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings. This baseball simulator features cartoony graphics and and a lighthearted presentation, but don’t be fooled! Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings is sporting some in-depth customization including an innovation difficulty mechanic that adjusts on a per player basis. It’s good arcade baseball fun with extra complexity for the pro players.
- The Deadly Tower of Monsters. From the team that brought us Zeno Clash and Rock of Ages comes with a top-down shooter with awesome 70’s flair. That’s right – the seventies! The Deadly Tower of Monsters is full of personality as the game is framed as a cheesy sci-fi movie being filmed in the seventies. If you’re an action game fan or if you just like ACE Team’s quirky games, you’ll love this one.
- They Bleed Pixels is a high-octane platforming action game where you’ll be pulling off gravity-defying combos and attacks. You play as a young girl plagued by nightmares that are seeping into the real world. Fend them off using tight controls and combos, and explore the world through precision platforming.
Beating the average (currently $6.34) will get you:
- Hacknet is a hardcore hacking game. Hardcore? You heard right – this isn’t your “movie”-styled hacking. After a notorious hacker who was responsible for one of the most invasive security systems is found dead, you’re in charge of making sure that operating system stays safe. Hacknet features real, actual hacking using UNIX commands.
- Crashlands is a survival adventure game with attitude! Stranded on an alien planet, you’ll need to craft to stay warm, fight off the wildlife to survive, and uncover secrets of the planet. One of the key features is an “infinite, self-managing inventory”. In a survival game? Sign me up!
- UnderRail is a retro turn-based isometric RPG. Take one look at the trailer and you’ll see some big inspiration from the original Fallout games. Also like those games, UnderRail takes place in a post-apocalyptic Earth where most of humanity now live in the Underrail, an underground metro system.
Paying the final tier ($10 or more) gets you:
- Stephen’s Sausage Roll. If that name doesn’t pique your interest, I don’t know what will. Touted as one of the best puzzle games of 2016, Stephen’s Sausage Roll is a carefully crafted puzzle game that has you… well, rolling Stephen’s sausages, what else? With fun, puzzling gameplay and a silly concept is no surprise to see this game in the highest tier.
- Curious Expedition is a roguelike expedition simulator set in the late 19th century. You’ll go on expeditions of the curious kind to uncover secrets never before seen. Explore the world for fame, science, and of course treasure! Each adventure will never be the same as the events and worlds are procedurally generated as you play.
Anything look good to you? At least one of these games has to click with you because they’re all highly rated!