tomb-raider-rebootTomb Raider: The Definitive Edition has taken the top spot in the UK All Formats Chart, ending FIFA 14s’ four-week stint at number one.

As it turns out, the PlayStation 4 version of the game outsold its Xbox One counterpart by more than double, with 69% of sales being attributed to Sony’s console, leaving only 31% for Microsoft. This differs from its original release last year, which saw the Xbox 360 get 50% of the sales compared to the 42% of the PlayStation 3.

It was a close run thing though; as UK numbers company Chart Track claims that FIFA was less than 500 copies behind Lara’s next-gen adventure.

Elsewhere provided little change, with Call of Duty: Ghosts slipping down to third, Battlefield 4 is in fourth and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes comes in at fifth this week.

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag drops out of the top five into sixth with Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition in seventh.

Grand Theft Auto V and Need for Speed: Rivals both hold their positions at eighth and ninth, respectively, whilst Killzone: Shadow Fall drops down to round off the top 10.

The UK All Formats Chart Top 10 (Week ending 1st February 2014) is as follows:

1. (N) Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition
2. (1) FIFA 14
3. (2) Call of Duty: Ghosts
4. (3) Battlefield 4
5. (4) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
6. (5) Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
7. (6) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
8. (-) Grand Theft Auto V
9. (-) Need for Speed: Rivals
10. (7) Killzone: Shadow Fall

You can see the full Top 40 here.

The first big release of the year is out, and with Fable Anniversary just round the corner, FIFA 14 will have to work hard if it wants to take that coveted tenth number one.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.