I am a huge fan of everything-zombie and I guess you can imagine how surprised I was when I heard that a Dutch company, Iceberg Company, is preparing to launch Trapped Dead, a “zombie survival RTS”.
Trapped Dead is actually a tactical real time strategy game similar to Commandos in which the players control a bunch of survivors after the zombie apocalypse hits the world. Players control their characters in a 3rd person isometric view and Iceberg say that the main point of influence for the game were the popular zombie flicks of the late 80s (also considered by many the “real” zombie films).
Here are some of the features of Trapped Dead:
• Terrifying, cinematic game atmosphere
• Thrilling on- and offline multiplayer co-op mode
• Appealing tactical gameplay with numerous shock- and surprise elements
• Highly detailed locations such as a mall, jail, scrap yard & many more
• 7 different playable characters
• Interactive and dynamic game environment including various traps
• Manifold weapons, gadgets and other items
The game is expected to be released in February 25 2011, but apparently everywhere in the world BUT the US. Maybe it’s a too hardcore game for that market? Check out the Trapped Dead screenshots below and decide for yourself: