There were rumors that a Duck Pond will be coming in FarmVille shortly, and it appears that they were true: the Duck Pond is now live in FarmVille and slowly rolling to new players and I am going to share with you a guide for the FarmVille Duck Pond below, so read on!
How to get the Duck Pond in FarmVille?
Simply start playing the game and you will receive the duck pond frame automatically after seeing a pop-up similar to the image to the left. After placing it on your farm, you will need to complete it with the following building materials:
– 20 watering cans
– 20 shovels (the icon is 2 shovels, so we will need 20… 2 shovels)
Like other constructible building parts, you can acquire the items required for building the Duck Pond in FarmVille by:
– Asking your neighbors for these parts by posting a help request to your feed (click on the “Ask For More” button for each type of part).
– Give parts to your neighbors via the Free Gifts page or the “Send Gifts” button.
– Acquire individual parts by spending Farm Cash (click on the “Buy” button for that particular part). Each part is 1 Farm Cash.
– Acquire all needed parts for the building by spending Farm Cash (click on the “Complete Now” button to purchase parts for the rest of the building). The Cost is X Farm Cash, where X is the amount of parts left needed to finish the building.
– Potentially through the use of Special Delivery Boxes.
– Using individual parts already available in your Gift Box.
After completing the duck pond, you will want to put some ducks (or similar, like swans) inside. Every duck pond in FarmVille can hold up to 20 ducks and in order to place them inside, you simply have to manually move them there. And only now comes the interesting part! You can arrange how to see the ducks in the duck pond and here is the official guide from the FarmVille.com blog for this (I will write a special article for it as well to make things easier to follow). So here’s how to move the ducks in the duck pond and change the appearance:
In this example below we’ll look at how you can re-arrange the look of your Duck Pond on your farm. After I fully built out this Duck Pond, I added ten ducks to it in random fashion:
There’s a number of Green Mallards and a variety of other ducks. You’ll see that five Green Mallards are standing on the rocks at the bottom of the window, while the rest of the ducks are in the water. Those ducks on the rocks also show up on the pond as you see it on the farm:
I’d rather have some of my more colorful ducks showing up, rather than these five Green Mallards. If I click on a duck on the rock, I can return it to the pond quickly. Then when I click on a duck on the water, I will see this:
Clicking on “Feature” will move that duck over to a rock (if there’s a free rock). If I choose “Remove” I will remove the duck from the Duck Pond (and can then put it back on the farm). After some rearranging, here are the ducks now standing on the rocks:
And this is how the Duck Pond now looks on the farm:
Only these five ducks will show up on the farm this way, so you can easily choose which ducks you want to show off.
Finally, you can harvest the Duck Pond once every twenty-four (24) hours for coins. Soon enough we will be adding the ability to breed new ducks, so stay tuned!