Today we continue our trip in the world of Xbox 360 consoles and check out the official tutorials on how to deal with various problems. Today’s troubleshooting topic: wireless controllers! You could encounter problems when setting up your controller(s) and we’re here to help: before panicking, make sure you check out the guide below, do as instructed and only if none of the advice suggested below doesn’t work… panic! I’m joking, it will certainly fix your problems, so read on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller troubleshooting below:
So, if you encounter problems setting up your Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, try these possible solutions:
Lights Spin Longer than 15 Seconds When Connecting:
– Move the controller closer to the console.
– Make sure the batteries are fresh.
– Keep the console and controller at least three feet away from large metal objects, such as file cabinets, mirrors, and refrigerators.
– Metallic decorations or stickers on the console or controller can interfere with wireless controller performance. Remove decorations and try connecting again.
– Make sure the front of the console is positioned in the direction of the controller.
– Cordless phones (2.4 GHz), wireless LANs, wireless video transmitters, microwave ovens, some mobile/cell phones, and Bluetooth headsets can interfere with the operation of the controller. Turn these off or unplug them and retry connecting.
– If nothing else works, turn off your console, remove and reinsert the AA battery pack into the controller, and the repeat the steps of connecting your contrller.
Good luck and let’s hope you won’t have any other problems for a loooong time!