To reset the screen configuration for an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:
1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console and any connected Xbox 360 wireless controllers. (To turn off your wireless controller, power down the system and wait for the lights around the controller’s Xbox Guide button to disappear.)
2. Manually turn on your Xbox 360 – don’t use your controller’s Xbox Guide button.
3. Press the connect button on the front of your console. This is the small button just to the right of (or below, if your console is on its side) the port for Memory Unit B. The lights around the console’s power button will flash as the console searches for a wireless controller.
4. Press and hold the Xbox Guide button to turn on the wireless controller that you want to assign to
5. Once the controller is on and the lights are still circling the power button on the console, press your controller’s connect button, located just to the right of the charge port. When the lights on your controller stop spinning, the wireless controller is configured to slot one and the upper-left quadrant light will glow.
6. Select the controller you want in slot two and repeat steps 4 and 5. You can configure up to four wireless controllers using this simple method. Good luck!