It will surprise nobody that GTA V is the best-selling game of the week. It had already become the fastest selling game in the UK of all time over the first five days on sale.

The weekly UK sales chart has revealed just how big an impact on the market GTA V made; the new release already sees itself 2.4 times ahead of the sales of GTA IV in the same period of time. It actually sold more copies than all previous entries into the series combined for first week sales.

It also crushed the previous holder of the UK’s fastest selling game, selling 250,000 more than 2010’s entry into the Call of Duty franchise ‘Black Ops’.

Things just get tastier for Take Two and Rockstar, after only five days GTA V is the 24th best-selling game ever in the UK. If you look at it on both the consoles it was released on, it sits as the 11th best seller on Xbox 360 and 10th on PS3. GTA V’s sales were split with 57% being on Xbox 360 and the other 43% of sales coming on PS3.

Despite GTA accounting for 89% of game sales this week, PES 2014 was able to become another new entry into the charts, coming second for this week. The Last of Us also saw a surge up to number 3 following being a part of a recent console bundle. The UK chart all formats top 10 is below:

1 (-) Grand Theft Auto V (360/PS3)

2 (-) PES 2014: Pro Evolution Soccer (360/PS3/PC)

3 (25)The Last Of Us (PS3)

4 (1) Saints Row IV (360/PS3/PC)

5 (4) Splinter Cell: Blacklist (360/PS3/Wii U/PC)

6 (6) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (360)

7 (3) Diablo III (360/PS3/PC)

8 (5) Disney Infinity (Wii/360/PS3/Wii U/PC/3DS)

9 (-) Aliens: Colonial Marines (360/PS3/PC)

10(2) Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 Remix (PS3)

How long do you think GTA V will sit atop the sales charts? Will the forthcoming release of FIFA 14 be able to trouble it, or will it hold it’s ground?

[Source: Chart Track]