The best way to characterize Spore is to say that it’s a personal universe in a box. You play the role of God and you start creating life forms that evolves thru 5 stages: cell, creature, tribe, civilization, and space. Spore was produced by EA’s Maxis Studio and the mind behind the game is Will Wright ( The Sims).
Access the console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C at the same time and then type in the following cheats.
- Type: capturePlanetGIF — To capture a spinning GIF picture of the planet you are on, which is then saved to the AnimatedAvatars directory on your computer.
- Type: setConsequenceTrait (trait) — Where you see the text “(trait)” instead you type out one of the following traits that you want… cell carnivore, cell_herbivore, cell_omnivore, creature_aggressive, creature_social, creature_mixed, tribe_aggressive, tribe_social, tribe_mixed, civ_military, civ_economic, civ_religious, space_bard, space_ecologist, space_zealot, space_diplomat, space_scientist, space_trader, space_shaman, space_warrior, space_wanderer, or space_knight
- Type: help (command) — This explains the actions and usages of a command. Where you see the text “(command)” instead you type the cheat code you want explained.
- Type: addDNA — To increase how much DNA you have to spend by 150 points.
- Type: moreMoney — This increases your money in the Civilization or Space stages.
- Type: help — This lists all cheats and debug commands.
- Type: killallhints — To remove all hints from the game.
- Type: refillMotives — Where needed, this replenishes your health and other motives.
- Type: SetTime (hour, minute) — This sets the time of day at the Avatar’s position, and optionally can give you a speed multiplier. Where you see the text “(hour, minute)” instead you type the time of day you want.
- Type: freeCam — To toggle free camera mode.
- Type: unlockSuperWeapons — This unlocks all superweapons for your Civilization type.