After being impressed with the Fallout: New Vegas teaser trailer, I searched for some extra details on the upcoming game and was surprised to find out that there are lots of Fallout: New Vegas details out in the wild! If you wish to get a head-on start regarding the features and details on the upcoming Fallout game, read on and get ready to feel the excitement reach maximum levels!
Probably the biggest surprise in Fallout: New Vegas is that your character won’t be a vault dweller (but you still have a Pip-boy from one). The action of the game will take place, as anticipated, in Las Vegas which seems to be highly rebuilt and ready for action.
Also, we’ll have a new game mode, the hardcore mode in which the character needs to drink water, ammo has weight, healing isn’t instant and so on – all the great details that made past games so challenging and rewarding! Other details emerged on the Duck and Cover forums, and you can check them all out below:
– There are special moves for melee weapons in VATS – specifically a move for a golf club called “Fore” which seems to be a groin shot.
– The Hoover Dam is in the game and is supplying electricity to the city.
– The Geckos are back.
– There are both dumb and intelligent super mutants, including the elite Nightkin.
– Some super mutants look similar to the ones in Fallout 3, while others are new. There is e.g. a female super mutant with a 1950s hairstyle who apparently is one of their leaders.
– Some location screenshots include a huge model dinosaur advertising a hotel, some satellite dishes, an array of solar panels
– NCR base is the McCarran Airport, Caesar’s Legion is based in the Vegas Strip, while super mutants are based in a place called Black Mountain. There is also a town called Fremont and another called Primm. A topless reuve is mentioned as being in the latter. Area 51 also appears.
– NCR Ranger armor is similar to a brown combat armor with sleeves, there are concept arts of a Ranger
– Skils have a bigger effect on conversation choices. E.g. someone with a high Explosives skill may be able to have a coversation about explosives where appropriate.
– There is a Reputation system in adition to Karma.
– First-person action RPG with the same engine as Fallout 3 (sorry, Van Buren fans).
– The overarching story is a struggle between the locals, Caesar’s Legion (a faction of slavers from the east) and the New Californian Republic. Vegas itself is mostly intact.
– All dialogue options are shown to all players, regardless of whether you have the stats to succeed or not, though there’s no punishment for failure.
– Bartering is not just lower prices but negotiating for better rewards.
– Followers can be managed through a context-sensitive menu, with orders like “follow”, “stay” or “attack”.
I am sure that there are even more Fallout: New Vegas details coming in the next months, so make sure to bookmark Unigamesity and keep an eye on us for all the Fallout goodies to be found!