Killzone 2, one of the most anticipated PlayStation 3 games of the year, is a real success already and, even though you probably know everything about the game already, it’s always a good idea to have some more details. For example, maybe you were wondering how does the badge system work in Killzone 2. If you did, wonder no more, as we are here to explain you, after reading carefully about this on the game’s website.
So, as the Killzone 2 developers tell us, when you rank up your military rank through points, you unlock a new Badge. But ranking up only grants you access to the primary ability of that Badge so, in order to unlock the secondary ability, you’ll have to successfully use your primary ability during rounds, accumulating enough Ribbons to earn a Medal. In turn, this Medal will grant you access to the Badge’s secondary ability. To be able combine that secondary ability with the primary ability of other Badges, you’ll have to succesfully use your secondary ability during rounds, accumulating enough Ribbons to earn a second Medal.
If this still doesn’t make it clear how does the Killzone 2 Badge System work, here’s an example:
– A player (X) is playing Killzone 2 online. X has just ranked up to Master Sergeant, which earns him the Medic Badge.
– However, for ranking up to Master Sergeant, X is only granted access to the primary ability of the Medic Badge.
– X uses his new ability five times in a single round, earning him one Revive Specialist Ribbon.
– X goes on to repeat this feat for eight games in a row. He accumulates eight Revive Specialist Ribbons, which in turn earns him the Trauma Surgeon Medal.
– The Trauma Surgeon Medal grants X access to the secondary ability of the Medic Badge: the ability to dispense portable health packs.
– X uses his new ability to heal five players in a single round, earning him one Healing Specialist Ribbon.
– X goes on to repeat this feat for eight games in a row. He accumulates eight Healing Specialist Ribbons, which in turn earns him the Field Medic Medal.
– The Field Medic Medal allows X to combine the secondary ability of the Medic Badge with the primary ability of other Badges.
– X has now unlocked everything the Medic Badge has to offer.
Hopefully that makes it clear enough and you now know everything there is to be known about the badge system and you’re ready to go there and kick some arse!