The fact that Faith is slowly becoming a beautiful & big name in the games world and Mirror’s Edge is slowly turning into a franchise is already clear. But some might be upset with the exclusive first person perspective the game is played in. For them (but not only), we have instruction on how to play Mirror’s Edge in third person! (Yes, it only works for the PC version of the game!)
– Go to ‘Documents\EA Games\Mirror’s Edge\TdGame\Config\’
– Open the file “TDInput” with notepad.
– Add this line to the “bindings” list:
– Bindings=(Name=”F4¿,Command=”FreeFlightC amera”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
– Press F4 a few times. First you get the free cam (noclip) and later the third person cam.
This are the instructions posted by YouTube user jbdvrock who proves that the above method really works (and you can see for yourself in the video below). There is still a little problem: since the game was not meant to be played in third person, Faith’s movement and the overall look of the game are a bit disappointing. But, hey! At least it’s better than nothing!
Please note: since the above method involves editing game’s files, you should backup your data before proceeding. While you do that, check the Mirror’s Edge in third person video below: