In a blog post, Sledgehammer studio head Michael Condrey said that they have been listening to feedback, and as well as trying to deal with the connection issues, they will also deal with a number of bugs that have been encountered by players in the next update, as well as a few tweaks to the gameplay.
Condrey listed some of the more notable changes being introduced in the next update:
• Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
• Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
• Fix for weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
• Connectivity optimizations.
• Fix for stats accumulating towards leaderboards after prestiging.
• Adjustment to challenges to unlock Camos for weapons.
• Fix for round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
• Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match
Condrey also shared a statement from Activision about the status of the games dedicated server support, which unsurprisingly has been criticised by those suffering from connection issues during online play.
“Advanced Warfare employs game servers hosted at data centers globally on all platforms and listen servers as part of our proprietary matchmaking system,” the statement begins. “Our goal is to ensure the best possible connection and greatest gameplay experience regardless of location and time of day.”
No official release has been set for the update, but Sledgehammer says the update will be available ‘soon’.
What are your thoughts on these prospective fixes? Have you been suffering the connection issues and how has it affected your enjoyment of the game?