Here are the most important online features you’ll see in The Sims 3:
– The Sims 3 Store: once you purchase the game you gain about $10 in SimPoints, which can be used to get in-game items for your Sims. So whether it’s the must-have new outfit or the latest style of plaid furniture, players have the opportunity to further customize and populate their Sims world with additional items – and send some extra money to EA’s pockets since, of course, you are allowed to buy extra SimPoints.
– Game Launcher: this is a hub page that connects players with other Sims 3 fans. Here, players can keep track of their downloads, uploads, installs, game updates and their media portfolio that includes the videos and photos they can capture while playing the game.
– Create a Movie and Create a Story: you will be able to do that and share your stories with others via the Sims 3 official website. Also, you will be allowed to embed movies to other websites – for example your blog – so your friends will always be up to date with your Sim’s lives.
– My Page and My Studio: The Sims 3 product site will allow players to maintain their profile pages on their My Page section as well as offering them the new My Studio section to manage all their creations – Movies, stories, Exchange objects etc.
– The Exchange: Building off of The Sims 2 Exchange’s success of more than 100M downloads, The Sims 3 Exchange highlights featured items, most popular downloads, powerful search and browser capabilities, along with giving players the ability to see what other players are recommending.