After a long wait, while the RAGE crashes, freezes and graphical problems were still there, Bethesda and id Software have finally managed to release a RAGE patch that fixes most of the problems the game has and we can finally enjoy RAGE at maximum values.
Here is what John Carmack had to say about the problems caused by RAGE: “When launch day came around and the wrong driver got released, half of our PC customers got a product that basically didn’t work. We knew that all older AMD drivers, and some Nvidia drivers would have problems with the game, but we were running well in-house on all of our test systems.”
The RAGE patch can be downloaded from Steam (will actually be applied to your game automatically) and has the following changelist attached:
– Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic on Win 7 32-bit systems.
– Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers.
– Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not exposed because it may crash.
– Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync” and “anisotropic filter”
– Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.
– Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.
– Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.
– Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.
– Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.
– Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while
Did this RAGE patch fix your problems with the game?