PC Gamer has created a list with the most important changes and new features to be brought by the Miecraft Pretty Scary update and I’m sharing it with you below:
– A new Command Block has been added, allowing creators of adventure maps to run scripts and create more RPG-like experiences.
– Anvils are being added, which allow you to combine two damaged items to create a single repaired version with the enchantments and combined durability points of both. You can also use it to rename items.
– Wither Skeletons are a new mob type that can spawn in the Nether. Killing them and collecting their skulls allows you to construct the Wither, Minecraft’s second boss mob (after the Ender Dragon.)
– Killing a Wither gives you a Nether Star, which can be used to construct the new Beacon item. Beacons emit a beam of light into the sky, aiding in navigation, and can also be activated by a sacrifice of valuable material to provide a buff. Bigger, more impressive beacons give better buffs.
– Mobs and minecarts can now move through Nether Portals. So…you might want to leave those turned off when you’re not using them from now on. Just saying.
– Night Vision and Invisibility potions will let you be Batman. Or will they? Yes. Yes, they will let you be Batman.
– Witches are being added. They live in creepy shacks in the swamp, throw harmful potions at you, have warts, and weigh the same as a duck.
– Zombies can now infect and turn Villagers. Prepare for the apocalypse.
For the full list of changes expected in Minecraft 1.4, check out the Minecraft Wiki.