I was really excited to see that Duck and Cover, the Fallout fansite, has managed to find out even more new stuff about the upcoming RPG from Bethesda, Fallout: New Vegas. We’ve already presented you with a bunch of details from the game already (check them out in the related links below), but every new bits of information count, so read on to find out more Fallout: New Vegas details!
– The tagline says: “A Safe Bet for RPG Fans”
– Hardcore mode: Stimpaks take a long time to heal, you need a Doctor’s Bag to heal broken limbs, and you suffer from Dehydration so you need to carry water.
– Dynamite is one of the first weapons you come across
– Obsidian have focused much more on the story than Bethesda did with Fallout 3
– VATS now includes a special attack for every weapon
– Weapons can be modded – one of the mods involves reducing the spooling time for miniguns.
– All of your skills can be used to influence dialogue
– A “Command/Companion Wheel” gives you control over your followers – the design of this isn’t finalized yet
– Nightkin are back and can cloak
– The Hoover Dam is intact and produces electricity
– Electricity seems to be one of the main things in the game
– There are 3 factions – the NCR, Caesar’s Legion, and (although unconfirmed) the Brotherhood of Steel
– The Helios One solar tower controls an orbital laser platform
– You can get a portable controller for the laser platform and use it throughout the game
– Lots of “grey areas” in terms of actions and dialogue – a combined reputation and morality system means everything you do has an effect on something in one way or another.
– New Vegas will have different endings, “instead of the single, potentially anachronistic ‘man/woman saves the Wasteland’ finale.”
– The overall theme of the game is about trying to find out who tried to kill you and why.
– New weapon – The “All-American” – a rapid fire Sniper Rifle
Interesting stuff, even though it seems to have gone a bit away from the complete post-apocalyptic setting we’ve been used with in the game…