Calling all worldwide farming fans!
A new patch for Stardew Valley has been released on Steam bringing the game to version 1.2. This patch brings bug fixes, improved controller support, and the biggest addition: new localization languages! You heard it right – you can now play Stardew Valley in seven different languages. There’s translation support for English, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Brazilian-Portuguese. The 1.2 update is live only on Steam at the moment, but will come to the console versions later on. The full patch notes are below.
- Translations for German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese.
- When using a controller, the cursor will snap between menu buttons by default. If you disable that, the cursor will instead accelerate while moving.
- When using a controller, pressing the back button will skip events that are skippable.
Exit to Title has returned.
- Fixed lighting shader not covering the whole screen on Mac and Linux.
- Switching from “Windowed Borderless” to “Fullscreen” should now go straight to fullscreen instead of Windowed mode.
- Wallpapers and floors no longer have a tile placement indicator showing a random object
- Increased stability of preference-saving code. This should fix infrequent crashes that require the player to delete startup_preferences.
- Fixed a crash that can happen when a pig tries to spawn a truffle but there’s no space for it.
- Fixed a couple of rare crashes that could have occurred at any time during the game.
- Fixed a typo of the word ‘pronounce’ in the marriage event.
- Fixed the player not getting the recipe for Cookies if they skip Evelyn’s event.
- Farming level now affects crop yield prior to level 10
I’m personally happy about the controller changes. Navigating through the menus was always a little clunky because you had to drag the mouse cursor around with the control stick. The snap function should prove to be really useful! While this patch is nice, it’s just a preview of things to come. I’m very excited for the full controller revamp coming supposedly later. The controller button scheme is currently serviceable but could be improved in some ways, and a later update is going to change things around. Can’t wait!
As always, be sure your current installation of the game is free from any mods to avoid any potential conflicts. If you’re experiencing crashes of any sort, make sure to visit the Steam forums for the game. There’s a pinned help topic and mods posting solutions. Good luck and happy farming!