The update fixes a number of high-profile issues that had been affecting the game, as well as providing performance upgrades for the game on PC.
The biggest fix is battling the corrupted save file issue that would prevent loading going past 90%. The patch will reconstruct the corrupted file, however Ubisoft warned in their forum post that “some collectibles will be unrecoverable”.
Other bus that have been dealt with include a number of mission breaking bugs, a glitch that registers the weapon wheel as empty and some minor item related problems. The multiplayer aspect of the game also gets a fix for issues with respawns and connection issues.
The patch should be available now for PlayStation 3 and 4 owners, and Ubisoft says PC gamers should be receiving it in the next few days. Xbox 360 and Xbox One players will get it in the next week.
The full list of fixes is listed below:
Major Game Fixes:
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC Specific Fixes:
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.