SimCity 2013 was just released and I am sure you were eagerly anticipating the chance of jumping straight to the game and enjoying everything about it. Unfortunately, you might be one of the unlucky players who can’t get the most out of the game, because SimCity 2013 crashes, freezes or gives you the black screen treatment.
I am here to try and help you with these problems and help you fix the SimCity 2013 crashes. All you have to do is to check out the tips below and have fun playing the game error-free!
1. As always, you should make sure that you have the latest graphic card drivers installed. nVidia released some specifically for the launch of the new SimCity game and you can download them here.
2. Some users reported overheating problems. So if you’re running an older computer or a custom made one, you could try letting it cool down for a while, then starting the game with lower visual settings.
3. Origin might also be the source of your problems. Therefore, make sure that you unblock the SimCity 2013 exe file in Origin, as well as in any antivirus software you might have installed.
4. If nothing works, try to disable Origin in-game. Some users managed to solve their problems with this trick.
5. Some Windows 8 owners (why would you get Win8 to start with?) have found out that right clicking the executable and running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7 fixed their problem.
And right now these are the tricks and tips that we have to share with you in our quest to help you fix the SimCity 2013 crashes and other problems. If you still have trouble, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comment section below – and if you find a solution, also make sure to share it with us!