I’ll start as I always do when it comes to this kind of problem: make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run the game! Also, tuning down the visual settings usually helps with all these problems, so it’s worth giving them a try before anything else.
If this does not work, we should go more advanced with our Hitman Absolution crash fix tricks, so here is what to do:
1. Verify the game’s integrity on Steam (right click the game in your library, select “Properties” then Local files and the “verify integrity” button. Restarting Steam afterwards might also be a good idea.
2. Hitman Absolution BEX Crash Report / Error
This appears to be caused by the fact that Windows considers the game a threat and shuts it down. You need to disable DEP in Windows to allow it to run the game and you can check out how to do it here.
3. Hitman: Absolution Out Of Memory Fix
This is again a Windows-related problem because of incorrect logic in memory allocation. This will be fixed by downloading Windows Embedded CE 6.0 from Microsoft.
4. For older computers, this is the trick that one of the tech support staff recommends:
– Turn all settings back down to lowest
– Right-click on Hitman: ABsolution in your Steam library.
– Select ‘properties’
– Under the ‘General’ tab, click the button that says “Set Launch Options”
– Type ‘-d3d9’ (without quotes)
– Launch the game
5. Hitman Absolution Black Screen fix
Make sure that you have installed the latest drivers for your graphics card, that no other programs are running in the background and also try #1 to see if this fixes your problem.
And this is, for now, what I can say in my quest of trying to help you fix the Hitman Absolution Crashes, freezes and problems. If you have managed to find a different solution to your problem, please let us know in the comment section below!