The highly anticipated release of probably the most popular soccer game ever, FIFA 12, didn’t come as easy as it did in the past years and unfortunately PC gamers have started to report all sort of problems when playing FIFA 12, from simple game stuttering to freezes and even crashes. Until EA (hopefully) releases a patch to fix all these problems, let’s see if we can, together, fix FIFA 12 crashes and freezes!
The first thing for you to do before even trying to attempt these crash fixes and freezing fixes is to make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run FIFA 12:
– CPU with Dual core processor (Core duo 2 or better), Intel Core2Duo @ 1.8Ghz
– 1 GB of RAM (2 GB required for Windows Vista / Windows 7)
– Video card: ATI Radeon HD 3600, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, Intel’s Sandy Bridge (HD Graphics 2000) and Ivy Bridge (HD Graphics 3000)
– DirectX 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 256 MB video card or equivalent (must support Shader Model 3.0 or above)
– DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
If you miss these requirements and you’re still having problems, then you should try the fixes listed below. Let’s start with a simple problem:
How to Fix the unable to install FIFA 12 problem
For some reason, it appears that you can’t install FIFA 12 until you have completely uninstalled FIFA 11… Also, running the install file with admin privileges might fix the installing problem with no error message.
Game crashes during the FIFA 12 welcome screen
This is probably the most wide-spread problem in FIFA 12. It is caused by the fact that the game has no support for generic gamepads, so unplug your gamepad and start FIFA 12 again – it should run fine now!
FIFA 12 Crashes and Shuts Down computer
This usually happens when you start the second half of a match and right now we’re still searching for solutions to this problem. If you happen to find any, please share it in the comment section below!
FIFA 12 Crashes randomly to the desktop
This again could be caused by using generic controllers, so make sure that you have none plugged when playing the game!
How to fix FIFA 12 Freezes or stuttering problems
– Disable Vsync and Antialising (run fifaconfig.exe for this) the force Vsync with D3DOverrider (download it here).
– After starting the game, click Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up the Task Manager and set priority for FIFA 12 to high or Above Normal. Please note that this must be done every time you start playing.
– If FIFA 12 freezes when using the Xbox 360 controller, reinstall the drivers for the controller
– If you have updated your nVidia drivers to the latest beta (for Battlefield 3 demo), roll back your drivers
And this should be it. Please let us know below if you have any other problems when playing FIFA 12 and also if you have any sort of solutions to fix the game.