Battlefield 3 is one of the better games released this year – without doubt – but unfortunately for the PC users, there are quite a few crashes that plague the game, as well as freezes and other multiplayer problems (like sound problems or connection problems) that take away a lot from what should be an amazing experience. Therefore, I am here to share with you some tips and tricks on how to fix Battlefield 3 crashes, freezes and all the other problems the game has. Read on and good luck fixing the game!
How to Fix Battlefield 3 Random Crashes
– make sure you have downloaded and installed your latest graphics drivers on your machine
– according to DICE themselves, the Battlefield 3 crashes might be caused by the fact that some graphic cards come overclocked from the factory and they recommend to drop some of these settings. This is a fairly extreme fix and personally I wouldn’t recommend trying it unless you really know what you’re doing
– another suggested fix by DICE themselves is to repair the game (right click Battlefield 3 in the Origin menu and select repair) – this will install an update that will hopefully fix your game crashes
– Try setting the process affinity of the launch file (bf3.exe) to 0.
How to Fix Battlefield 3 Has Stopped Working Error message
– Find your install folder of the game and rename it from battlefield3TM to Battlefield3
– Run regedit.exe from the Windows start menu and search for battlefield3 (there must be 2 entries) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREEA Games
– remove the TM from the entries and restart the game
How to fix Battlefield 3 Out of Memory Error
– This is normally happening on older computers or when settings are too high and you don’t have the power to run them that high. One fix would be to lower your graphic settings (as much as possible) and you could also try increasing the Virtual Memory – but try lowering the settings first, it should do the trick!
How to fix Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Problems
– turn Universal Plug in and Play off in router settings and you should have no problems with Battlefield 3 disconnecting from multiplayer matches
– Make sure that you are using the correct ports. According to an official posting, here are the post that you must forward:
If you are playing on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
If you are playing on PS3, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016
If you are playing on Xbox 360, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074
– Make sure that you have the updated (latest) version of Punkbuster and you have it enabled in the Battlefield 3 menu.
I hope that these fixes to Battlefield 3 crashes and multiplayer disconnect problems helped you get your game going. If you happen to find any other tricks that get you over a problem, don’t forget to share them with us. And please, also share this article with your friends and on social networks, so everybody gets help with playing Battlefield 3!