The previous Tropico was a highly anticipated game but kind of failed to re-create the amazingness of the original title. However, Kalypso are not losing faith (and probably they ain’t losing fans either) and they’re preparing to launch a new game in the series, Tropico 4.
Tropico 4 features all new missions across new maps and includes exciting and fun new features to keep the action fresh and challenging. You can even elect ministers into power to help get your more controversial decisions passed through the government. But remember to keep your friends close and your enemies closer as everyone has an agenda!
There will also be Facebook and Twitter integration, plus online leaderboards for all the virtual dictators out there. Here is a list of the new features expected to rock out Tropico 4:
– New campaign consisting of 20 missions on 10 new maps
– 20 new buildings including Stock Exchange, Shopping mall, Aqua Park and a Mausoleum to El Presidente
– Six new Interactive disasters including volcanoes, droughts and tornadoes
– Council of Ministers – appoint selected citizens to ministerial posts in the government to help push through your more controversial decisions
– National Agenda – receive objectives from Tropican factions, foreign geopolitical powers or opportunities relating to current island events such as ongoing disasters
– Screenshot gallery – take screenshots of your tropical paradise and share on your Facebook page (PC only feature)
– Trading system – import and export goods to/from other nations to boost your economy or production
The game is set for release in the second quarter of 2011.