We told you about the upcoming Cataclysm expansion for World of Warcraft already – and rumors regarding the new races started to surface quite a while ago, and it was proven that most of our revealed information was correct. The confirmation comes from Blizzard themselves, who have officially announced World of Warcraft Cataclysm and detailed it for those who are eager to get their hands on it.
“In addition to revitalizing some of the most familiar and iconic areas of the game world, this third World of Warcraft expansion will add new features and a large amount of new content for players to explore,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re excited to be offering a first glimpse of Cataclysm for attendees of BlizzCon, and we look forward to sharing more information with everyone as development progresses.”
As previously announced, Cataclysm will change the looks of Azeroth forever – all because the Dragon Aspect Deathwing awakes from his millennial sleep and leaves ruins and destruction behind. As the Horde and Alliance race to the epicenter of the cataclysm, the kingdoms of Azeroth will witness seismic shifts in power, the kindling of a war of the elements, and the emergence of unlikely heroes who will rise up to protect their scarred and broken world from utter devastation.
Here is the confirmed list of new features coming with the game’s third expansion:
– Two New Playable Races: Worgen (Alliance) and Goblins (Horde.)
– Increased Level Cap: Advance to level 85 and earn new abilities, tap into new talents, and progress through the path system, a new way for players to customize characters.
– Classic Zones Remade: Quest to level 60 as you never have before. Familiar zones across the original continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms have been reforged by the cataclysm and updated with new quests and content.
– Flying Mounts in Azeroth: Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms from a whole new perspective.
– Guild Advancement: Progress as a guild to earn guild levels and guild achievements.
– New High-Level Content: Explore newly opened parts of the world, including Uldum, Grim Batol, and the great sunken city of Vashj’ir beneath the sea, and enjoy even more high-level raid content than in previous expansions.
– New PvP Zone & Rated Battlegrounds: Take on PvP objectives and daily quests on Tol Barad Island, a new Wintergrasp-like zone, and wage war in all-new rated Battlegrounds.
– Archaeology: Master a new secondary profession to unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards.
– New Race and Class Combinations: Explore Azeroth as a gnome priest, blood elf warrior, or one of the other never-before-available race and class combinations.