The highly anticipated Duke Nukem Forever is finally out, but not everybody is as lucky as they should be after waiting for so many years: some gamers encounter crashes and even black screen problems with Duke Nukem Forever. Fortunately, we are here to help you out and hopefully you will get the most out of the new game this way. So let’s see how to fix Duke Nukem Forever crashes and Black Screen problems!
1. How to fix Duke Nukem Forever crashes
Generally, the first thing everybody should do when it comes to games not working, is checking out if your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the game and update your video card drivers – so this is what you should do first in Duke Nukem Forever’s case!
If that doesn’t work, there’s another trick you might want to try: delete the DNF Config folder in Steam UserData. Most likely, crashes are caused by problems in the config file of the game and this should fix your problem!
2. How to fix Duke Nukem Forever Black Screen problems
First of all, make sure that you close all your applications before starting the game and verify the game data through Steam to make sure that all the files are correctly installed.
Some problems are also caused by Nvidia video cards so here is what you should do to fix the black screen problem:
– Open the NVIDIA Control Panel and go to the 3D Settings category and select Manage 3D Settings.
– Under the Global Settings tab, make sure that Anisotropic filtering and Antialising are set to Application Controlled.
– Vertical Sync should be set to Use the 3D application setting.
– Click apply and run the game. This should fix the problem!
Are you experiencing any problems while trying to play Duke Nukem Forever? Let us know in the comment section below and maybe somebody will be able to help you!