So, Crysis 3 has just been launched, and as it usually happens when such a big game is released, gamers are having some problems running it. Therefore, a number of players report Crysis 3 crashes, freezes and other game problems and I am here to try and help you fix those up.
But before trying to go more in depth with the tips and tricks on how to fix Crysis 3 crashes, freezes and other problems, let’s go through the basics:
1. Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run the game.
2. Tune down the visuals until your version of Crysis 3 becomes stable enough.
Also, if you have performance problems with Crysis 3 and/or the game crashes, and you own an nVidia graphic card, you should download the 313.96 beta drivers, which were released specifically to deal with the requirements of Crysis 3 and improves performance by up to 65%. For AMD card owners, there is a beta driver to download here.
If these fixes still don’t work, don’t lose hope, as there are still a bunch of things you can try to fix Crysis 3 crashes and freezes:
1. Make sure that you use the default (recommended) refresh rate of your monitor. There are people whose monitors can only support a 60hz refresh rate and force it to higher values, and that causes problems in game.
2. Run the game in Windowed Mode (Press Alt + Enter in game)
3. Constantly restart your computer. I know that this can hardly be considered a fix, but when your game crashes, restart your computer, close all the running programs in the background and hope to be able to play for as long as possible. Rinse and repeat.
4. Make sure that your graphic card supports DirectX 11, otherwise this is why you can’t run the game.
For now, these are our tips and tricks to help you fix Crysis 3 crashes, freezes and black screen issues. We are still investigating, and if we manage to find other fixes for you, we’ll make sure to post them. Until then, if you have any advice, make sure to post it in the comment section below.