You might already know that Minecraft is a video game where players create their unique surroundings, modify them as per their whims and fancies or if they wish to, they can also destroy them. The popularity of Minecraft on Youtube is unparalleled. It is one of the most popular games today that players of all ages play.
This game has also sparked interest in coding for many young players. Minecraft allows players to express their creativity through this pixelated game and keeps them glued on for hours at a stretch. It has millions of players all over the world.
Here are some fun things you probably didn’t know about Minecraft that may take you by surprise.
- Let’s start with the creation itself. Did you know that it took only 6 days to create the very initial version of the game? It started on 10th May 2009 and finished on 16th May 2009. I bet you also didn’t know that the first version of Minecraft was never called Minecraft, it was named Cave Game. And after that, it was titled Minecraft: Order of the Stone. And finally, after the final version was completed, Order of the Stone was deleted and only Minecraft stayed.
- The creator of Minecraft is Markus Persson, who is a Swedish Programmer and Designer. His fans also call him “Notch”. He wanted to make a game for Mojan AB which was his new company. A game that would allow players to enter and explore the virtual world of Minecraft that would feel organic and free.
- Have you heard the sound that Ghasts make? Ever wondered what that sound is? You will be surprised to know that sound came from a cat that was sleeping. The sound was accidentally recorded while the cat woke up from sleep. The cat belonged to Daniel ‘C418’ Rosenfeld, the music producer of Minecraft.
- Persson initially planned on creating a pig instead of the creeper but because of his mistake pig turned into a creeper. He messed up the code while creating pig and happened to switch the length and height inadvertently.
- Every 10,000 times you play Minecraft, once it will show a wrong spelling of the game. Instead of ‘Minecraft’, you will see ‘Minceraft’. Hmm, that’s weird!
- Did you know that 1 block in Minecraft is 1metre high, 1 meter wide, and 1 meter long? Imagine what the world you are creating in Minecraft would look like in reality!
- The game has grown so much in popularity. Thanks, to this popularity, in 2014, Microsoft purchased Minecraft. It was priced at 2.5 billion dollars.
- Are you the one who thinks Minecraft is infinite too? Many believe this but it isn’t true. The world of Minecraft is finite. You can’t keep on venturing out into their world without any limit. If you keep on exploring and venturing further into their world, you will meet the World Boundary. After that, you can’t move any further. After you enter the world boundary you will find out that various layers to it can block players. The game will crash after passing the first two layers.
- Do you know how many players play Minecraft every month? Close to around 126 million. Pheww! Not just millions of players, Minecraft has also sold more than 200 million copies throughout the world.
- Would you enjoy Minecraft as part of your school curriculum? A Swedish school has made it compulsory for 13 years old students to study Minecraft. This school is Viktor Rydberg Secondary School which is located in Stockholm. They believe Minecraft will help kids plan learn about planning a city, environmental issues, and planning for the future ahead.
- I bet you didn’t know that the Enderman language in Minecraft is just English but backward and often at low pitch. Yeah, it was only English. Next time try reversing it to understand it.
- Finding a pumpkin is more difficult than finding a diamond in Minecraft. This is the reason pumpkins are more expensive than diamonds.
Minecraft is a popular game and so are many fun things about Minecraft that people are not aware of. How many of these fun things did you already know? The game has been around for so long it is obvious that it will have many interesting and fun things not known to people.