Fortunately, unlike most of the big name releases recently, Alpha Protocol isn’t plagued by freezes and random crashes and most of the players have no problems with the game. However, there are a few who are reporting that Alpha Protocol can’t launch and refuses to start, while others report performance issues with the game. In this article we’ll try to help you fix all these Alpha Protocol problems in order to get you playing the game and enjoy it!
First of all, before trying any of the fixes below, make sure that you have the latest update for your graphic card drives and also make sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements for running Alpha Protocol.
Now, after you do that, if the game still refuses to start, try one of the following solutions:
1. Go into Device Manager, locate Human Interface Device and temporarily disable HID-Compliant Consumer Control Devices. Some may have 1 others 2 and somebody else may have 3-4. Disable all of them and try to start the game again and see if that works.
2. Try uninstalling your PhisX drivers and re-install them
3. If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, try running the game in compatibility mode for Win XP. One of these three solutions should fix the problem!
Also, if Alpha Protocol is stuttering and running very slow, here are some tips to optimize the game’s performance:
1. Find the APEngine.ini file in the My Documents folder and make the following changes:
2. Try lowering down the game’s resolution and overall graphical quality.
3. Turn off all programs you don’t use (or you can shut down), such as internet browsers, IM programs and any other program you can shut down – this way you will free up some extra memory and the game will run faster and smoother!
Do you have any other problems with Alpha Protocol that weren’t mentioned here?