Ever since video games were introduced, people have been enthralled with different gaming genres. With the evolution of technology, video games further evolved and its influence spilt over to other walks of life. iGaming, for instance, witnessed a major rise in demand within the last decade, and a large portion of modern video slots are influenced by popular video games.
Here’s our list of the five most popular video slots based on existing video games. Visit Casino Rocket to try your hands at video slots, online pokies, or other popular card games.
Top 5 Video Slots Inspired from Video Games
- Resident Evil – The Resident Evil franchise is wildly popular among the younger crowd and the numerous movies, TV series, and games in the franchise lay testament to this fact. This 5-reel 20-payline title packs a lot of unique features and symbols that we’re all familiar with. The Resident Evil logo is the Wild and substitutes the standard symbols to trigger the jackpot. The Umbrella Corporation logo is the scatter and triggers a bunch of bonus features like free spins.
- Hitman – One of the most popular video game titles that made its way into consoles and films, Hitman video slot features 5-reel, 15-payline and packs numerous references to the original title. Standard symbols include Agent 47, drugs, rifles, and other references to the existing game. The game’s bonus feature triggers 18 free spins that double the current stakes at the end of the round. The game offers a maximum payout of 40,000 coins per round.
- Tomb Raider – Lara Croft holds a special place in the action-adventure genre and the Tomb Raider video slot manages to perfectly encapsulate her explorations. This 5-reel 15-payline title includes numerous symbols of Lara from the original video game including her holding two guns, crouching as she gets ready to jump, the Tomb Raider logo, and an idol. Players needn’t bet on all 15 paylines at the same time since these aren’t fixed. Overall, Tomb Raider features a cool theme and offers a ton of entertainment for fans of the series.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Perhaps the most popular FPS series in the history of the game, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is loved by gamers of all age groups. And this popularity triggered designers to introduce a video slot based on the most popular instalment in the series. Once triggered, the bonus game continues till the player survives. Hence, staying alive over extended periods increase your chances of scoring the jackpot.
5. Street Fighter – One of the most recognizable video game titles from the 80s, the Street Fighter video slot allows players a chance to fit into the shoes of their favorite characters. The 5-reel 25-payline video slot accepts between $0.01 and $20 per spin and offers a ton of betting options to choose from. The bonus game triggers a fight between the playable character and the Bison and the winner unlocks a significant winning sum.