Originally due to be released on the 29th August, the game is now set for release just before Halloween on the 21st October in North America, 23rd October in Australia and 24th October in Europe, Bethesda announced in a Press Release.
Bethesda said the reason for the delay was because: “Shinji Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks have asked for additional time to further balance and refine the game in order to deliver the polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience they set out to create.”
Also announced by the publisher was a pre-order incentive called The Fighting Chance Pack. The pack includes:
• Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
• Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
• Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
• An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
• A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
The Evil Within will now be launching in October on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Bethesda also released a new trailer for the game, including reaction shots of people playing the game.
What are your thoughts on this delay? Considering how crammed the October schedule currently is for games could this harm the games performance?
[Source: Press Release, Bethblog]