Paradox are working on a Hearts of Iron spinoff, East vs West, that puts you in charge of any nation during the cold war (1946 to 1991) and lets you see what happens next. And the possibilities are endless, including a full scale, Armageddon-like world war. Nuclear war.
Being a Hearts of Iron game, East vs West impresses with the detail level: you get to have details and reports on your population, for example, down to individuals. And with a nation of tens of millions, that’s a huge level of detail. And we’re not talking here about the actual simulation of the war, where you will see that you don’t really have to directly attack a country to ruin it. Instead, you can find some allies in the UN and hit them with restrictions of all sorts that separate them from the world and eventually result in them being an easy prey.
There are a lot more features announced by Paradox for East vs West and you can check them out below:
- Choose your game style: Lead any nation in the Post-World War II Era and expand your nations influence while the tension rises
- Keep a watchful eye on the world: Experience a rich 3D topographic map that allows deep strategic decisions
- Take control by all means: Use Diplomacy, Politics, Economy and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations or just outsmart the others in the new economical system.
- Spy on your opponents: Use of your superspies from a collection of Spy Cards
- Get support from United Nations: If all else fails bring your issues in front of the UN General Assembly and hope for a resolution to pass
- Feel the pressure when the Doomsday clock rises: Do you push another issue to get more prestige, or will you back down to prevent an escalation to WWIII?
- Take part of the arms race: Fight globally for Ideological Domination and challenge the dynamic military AI. Wage war, secure resources and make sure to control your military production to prepared for the worst possible outcome – a global nuclear war.
- Explore a flexible technology system – Research new technologies to give your nation technological superiority and nuclear supremacy. Take part in the exiting space race or try to develop your own nuclear defense systems.
- Control the land, air, sea and beyond: Explore the Strategic warfare system to crush your enemies if the situation arises or use guerillas to do the job for you. Freely customize your ships for your own personal strategies in the brand new naval editor.
- Relive history or change it: Experience historical accuracy that offers unparalleled level of freedom of choice and a large re-playability value
- Multiplayer: Battle against your friends in multiplayer for up to 32 players and don’t miss the chance to nuke your friends into oblivion
East vs West is expected to be released in the second quarter of 2013 and by the looks of it, we’re already talking about an amazing hit for the strategy fans.