One of the most entertaining elements of the Sims 4 for most gamers is the unique aging system, yet many gamers are unaware of it.
If you were, too, you have come to the right place!!! This blog will tell you how to age up in Sims 4.
When Was This Patch Included In The Game?
The game did not initially have toddlers, but they were eventually included in patch 46.
This guide will tell you in detail How to age up in Sims 4!!
How To Simple Age Up In Sims 4?
On Sims 4, there are seven stages of life to choose from: baby, toddler, kid, teen, young adult, and old.
The toddler stage was included later in the game. You can skip some of the phases by using the birthday cake method for faster aging!!
- Allowing your Sim to attend a birthday celebration ages the character. To age up a child, for example, choose an adult and click on an oven.
- Select Cook and bake a cake. Add the requisite birthday candles to it and let your adult character assist the child in blowing out the candles by selecting the appropriate option.
- It will allow your Sim to mature to the age of a kid. Except for the elderly, the cake choice is open to people of all ages.
- If you choose not to use the birthday option, you can allow natural aging off-screen. Sims who are not currently active in the home will mature off-screen.
- You can also disable the auto-aging feature or choose the only active household auction.
In rare cases, a Sim can receive invites to birthday celebrations from pals. It may happen many days before the Sim sending the invitation is supposed to age up.
You can also refuse the invitation, which means the latter will age when they are meant to.
How To Age Up Sims 4 Using Cheats?
- In-game, use control + shift + c to open the command console. A white command line will appear at the top of the screen.
- Type testingcheats true into the command line. This grants you access to the age cheat and other bonus features. If you input the information correctly, the cheats will appear.
- Innthw next step, Enter cas.fulleditmode. You can now adjust things like age, which is what you want when you want to age up in Sims 4. You can also alter extra items based on what you want to accomplish.
- To exit the console, use the escape key.
- Hold down the shift key and then click on the desired age. In the circle around the character, a menu will be displayed. Select the altar in the CAS button from the menu that appears.
- The several life phases available to you in the game are listed at the top of the screen. You have the option of changing the gender as well.
- When you click the checkbox, the procedure is finished. Your character should now be the desired age.
Can You Make Sims Age Up Faster?
To make your Sims age quicker, open the menu panel and navigate to the gameplay tab. You’ll then notice the ‘ asim lifespan’ dropdown. If you select the short lifespan option, your sims will age rapidly. There are also two length options: regular and long.
We recommend installing the mc command center mod to set the precise days for each stage of your sim’s existence.
- Once that mod is downloaded, install mcc settings on any sim computer.
- You’ll be able to alter the sim lifespan for the whole game.
How to Age Up Pets in The Sims 4
Pets were introduced to The Sims 4 in The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs expansion, offering players the joy of virtual companionship. While the game naturally progresses pets through various life stages, sometimes players desire more control over when their pets age up. Fortunately, you can influence their age using treats or cheats within the game. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Age Up Pets with Treats
1. Purchasing the Age-Up Treat
a. Best Method: – Visit a Vet Clinic lot in the game. – Click on the animal treats vending machine and select “Purchase Pet Items.” – Acquire the “Age-Up Treat” (recognizable by its brown color) for 150 Simoleons. – Feed the treat to your pet to witness their age progression.
b. Alternative Method: – While unable to buy the treat directly in build/buy mode, consider purchasing a vending machine like Dr. Budget-Bandage’s Medico-Vendo-Thingo (950 simoleons) or Dr. Magi-Heal’s Medical Vend-o-matic (2,400 simoleons). – This method is particularly effective if your Sim owns a vet clinic.
2. Crafting the Age-Up Treat
- If your Sim has a veterinarian skill level of at least 6, they can craft the Age-Up Treat using one of the veterinarian craft tables:
- Dr. Budget-Bandage’s Medicine Craftink (650 simoleons)
- Dr. Magi-Heal’s Medicine Craft-o-matic (1,200 simoleons)
- Select the table, and if your Sim meets the skill requirement, the option to craft the Age-Up Treat will appear.
Age Up Pets with Cheats
1. Activating Cheats:
- Press SHIFT + CTRL + C (for console players: hold down all four shoulder buttons).
- Type “testingcheats true” and press enter.
2. Enabling Full Edit Mode:
- Type “cas.fulleditmode” into the cheat bar and press enter.
3. Modifying Age in CAS:
- Press SHIFT while clicking on your pet.
- Choose “Modify in CAS” to access a range of editing options, including changing your pet’s age.
- Save your changes by clicking on the tick in the bottom right corner of the screen.
What If You Sims Are Unable To Age Up?
If your sims aren’t aging, it’s probably because you have aging turned off in your game options. To resolve this, go to the game options on the menu panel.
- Find the gameplay tab, and you’ll discover several aging choices.
- Check the option to ‘auto age unplayed sims’ and have auto age for played sims set to ‘yes’ or ‘only active household.’
Remember that these options are configured separately for each of your save files, not for the entire game.
If it doesn’t solve your aging issue, it’s most likely a game bug. In that case, it is recommended to install LittleMsSam’s mod, which includes an age-up repair.
Is There Any Way To Turn Off Aging In Sims 4?
Let’s imagine you’ve gotten fond of your Sim and don’t want to make them any younger or older but would rather have them live forever. You can do so by experimenting with game settings!
In Sims 4, you can disable aging and let your favorite characters live indefinitely.
- To achieve this, navigate to Game Options>Gameplay>Auto Age(Played Sims)>No to turn off aging for the Sims you’re currently playing.
- You can also turn off Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) to prevent all Sims from aging in the game. It’s as easy as that!
Why Should I Age Up In Sims 4?
The Sims 4 allows you to age up your characters in various ways. You will love the chance to establish your family and see them grow and navigate the various facets of life.
You can also bypass going through some periods of life and simply move on to the next. You can also focus on the ages where you believe you are having more fun.
Your character will be able to accomplish more, thus making the game more engaging for you!!
Using The Potion Of Youth To Stop Aging
If you want to avoid cheating and keeping your Sims from aging in Sims 4, the Potion Of Youth is your best choice. The potion is acquired with 1,500 pleasure points from the rewards store.
Contrary to popular belief, this potion will not reset a sim’s complete aging cycle but will simply reset your sim’s age bracket.
- For example, if your sim is an adult, consuming the potion will not transform them into a young adult. Instead, it will reset the sim to the beginning of them. becoming an adult while preserving whatever talents they have learned.
Also Read – Top 10 Sims 4 Woohoo Mods
As you can see, the Sims 4 gives the user many options when it comes to aging up or down their sims.
You can have complete control over your Sims’ aging in The Sims 4 either using regular gameplay techniques (such as permitting them to have birthdays) or the CAS sim trick. Have a good time playing!