For all gamers out there, Logitech has posed a serious dilemma. The G402 and G502 are both top-notch quality mice with their own specifications and set of advantages that will give you the edge. But the question is what to choose. As if this was not enough, G502 has both wired and wireless options. In the following sections, we will take you through specifications, comparisons, pros, cons, and the final verdict to help you with your decision. So let’s get started!
Specifications of G402
The G402 is an ultra-fast FPS gaming mouse with an enhanced Fuson engine and high-speed accuracy Delta Zero sensors. It comes with a sleek look and is designed for comfort. Moreover, it is equipped with eight programmable buttons that enable multitasking and adjustable DPI settings. Overall, it is highly recommended and a superior quality mouse from the house of Logitech.
- Faster tracking speed: With up to 500 IPS, the Fusion engine of G402 provides you with one of the highest gaming mouse tracking speeds. The exclusive Fusion Engine and Delta Zero sensor give you the power to track reliably and accurately at speeds that no other mouse can handle as fast as 10 meters per second and comes with a 1-millisecond report rate, thus letting you execute moves at the fastest speed possible over USB.
- Programmable buttons for multitasking: Using the eight programmable buttons, you can customize the Logitech wired gaming mouse and enjoy default configurations. This lets you have personalized triggers that can be saved to your G402 USB. For example, you can execute a multi-command macro or downshift DPI with fast one-press triggers. Also, the optional Logitech Gaming Software makes it easier for you to set up commands quickly.
- Processor: The onboard Arm Processor powers the Fusion Engine for incredible tracking speeds. It also works with Logitech Gaming Software to let you craft and assign macros that you can access with ease.
- Onboard memory for profile storage
- DPI freedom: You can choose from the four DPI settings available, that offers a wide range of choice starting from pixel-precise targeting (250 DPI) to lightning-fast manoeuvres (4000 DPI).
- Higher response rate: The Delta Zero sensors offer high accuracy and a superfast response rate.
- Designed for comfort: The lightweight build with rubber grips and low friction feet help ensure that your long gaming sessions last as long as possible, and with ease.
- System requirements: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, powered USB port, Internet connection, and over 100MB hard drive space (for optional software download).
- Warranty Information: 2 Year limited hardware warranty.
- User review on Amazon: 4.5/5
- Price: $37.49
The G402 is an excellent value for money product with an ergonomic design, high accuracy fast speed, good response time, and overall good fit for gamers with its multifunctional utility thanks to the programmable buttons. At this price range, G402 is a budget-friendly yet impressive option.
Specifications of G502 (wired)
Powered with HERO 16K sensor, G502 promises high accuracy superfast frame-rate processing, eleven programmable buttons, tunable weights, great personalizable features, this is a mighty mouse and packs in quite a powerful punch. Let us look at its features in more detail.
- An ultra-fast high-performance HERO 16K Sensor: This is Logitech’s most accurate sensor, which offers up to 16,000 DPI. In terms of gaming speed, this mouse works like a charm. Add to this accuracy, and responsiveness across the entire DPI range, and you get an awesome power packed mouse. (HERO is capable of 400+ IPS across the 100 – 16,000 DPI range with zero smoothings, filtering, or acceleration. HERO achieves competition-level precision and the most consistent responsiveness ever).
- Superior Responsiveness: USB data format 16bits/axis; Cable length: 2.10m.
- Customizable Buttons and Onboard Memory: Eleven customizable buttons lets you assign custom commands to them and save up to five ready-to-play profiles directly to the mouse. Thus your gaming experience with this mouse becomes even more personalized.
- Compatibility with Windows 7 or later and macOS 10.11 and later versions.
- Adjustable Weight System: With tunable weights, you can arrange up to five removable 3.6g weights inside the mouse for personalized weight and balance tuning.
- Excellent Tracking features: HERO sensor,100-16,000 dpi resolution.
- Superior Responsiveness: USB data format 16bits/axis.
- You can use Logitech G HUB to save your settings to the on board memory on the mouse. The saved settings will be synced to any PC you are using without the requirement of any additional software or login.
- Customizable: Optional extra weights up to 18g (5×3.6g).
- Comes with programmable RGB Lighting and LIGHTSYNC Technology: You can choose from a full spectrum of approximately 16.8 million colors and synchronize lighting animations and effects with your other Logitech G devices. Moreover, you have the option to customize it all quickly and easily using the Logitech G HUB.
- Mechanical Switch Button Tensioning: Metal spring tensioning system and pivot hinges are built into left and right gaming mouse buttons for a crisp, clean click feel with rapid click feedback.
- System Requirements: Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.11 or later, Chrome OS, USB port, Internet access for Logitech G HUB (optional).
- Warranty information: 2 years.
- User review on Amazon: 4.3/5
- Price: $79.99
This is a superior quality mouse with an impressive HERO sensor, high accuracy, and lightning-fast response rate. Overall it is a high-performance mouse with great built and durability.
Specifications of G502 (wireless)
This product is the same as the G502 that we just discussed; however, the significant difference is this one is wireless. This is a LIGHTSPEED wireless mouse with superior speed, high reliability, and top choice for esports veterans. Moreover, it is POWERPLAY compatible, and its sleek design comes with a 7-gram weight reduction.
- High-performance built with sleek design: The flagship G502 shape retains its comfort and yet evolved into the wireless performance. The internal endoskeleton structure has been redesigned to reduce weight & thus increase your gaming controls.
- LIGHTSPEED wireless mouse: The LIGHTSPEED technology of USB wireless Logitech gaming mouse technologies delivers superb pro-level, ultra-fast, and reliable gaming performance, trusted by gaming professionals.
- HERO 16K sensor: The HERO sensor delivers a top-notch performance of up to 16000 DPI, with pixel-precise performance and zero smoothings, filtering, or acceleration. (HERO 16K gaming sensor is capable of 400+ IPS tracking speed across the entire 16,000 DPI range and up to 10x the power efficiency compared to previous generations).
- Primary buttons equipped with mechanical switches, braided cable with hook and loop cable tie, rubberized side grips, magnetic weight-cavity door, thus making your mouse handling seamless.
- Includes: G502 HERO Gaming Mouse, Optional 5x 3.6 g weights and Case, User documentation, 2-year limited hardware warranty.
- POWERPLAY charging option lets you play and charge continuously without a stop between your gaming sessions.
- Eleven buttons and hyper-fast scroll wheel: The adjustable features of the primary switches with metal-spring tensioning lets fast, crisp actuation. You can add your personal touch by customizing the key binds and macros for each game and app.
- You can browse through as many as five DPI settings by just a single click. There are three DPI indicator lights that lets you know which setting you are at currently.
- Tuneable weight & Colour systems: The weight and balance both are adjustable, with six weights for optimal pixel tracking & targeting.
- System Requirements: Windows 7 or later, Mac OS X 10.11 or later, Chrome OS, USB port, Internet access for Logitech G HUB software.
- Light Sync RGB technology: Fully customize RGB lighting from nearly 16.8 million colors, synchronize lightning with your gameplay, and create your RGB animations.
- Warranty Information: 2 years.
- User review on Amazon: 4.3/5
- Price: $149.99
With a slightly steeper price tag than its wired counterpart, this wireless option from G502 packs in the high speed, accuracy, and excellent control features for pro-level gaming. Overall a good choice in the wireless category, if you are ready to spend the extra bucks.
|NO.||POINTS OF DIFFERENCE||G402||G502(WIRED)||G502(WIRELESS)|
|1.||PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS||Height: 136 mm
Width: 72 mm
Depth: 41 mm
Weight: 144 grams, mouse plus cable
Weight: 108 grams, mouse without cable
Depth: 40 mm
Weight:121 g mouse only
Optional extra weights: up to 18g
|Height: 132 mm
Width: 75 mm
Depth: 40 mm
Weight: 114 g mouse only
Optional extra weights: up to 16 g
|2.||SENSOR||Fusion Engine hybrid sensor||HERO 16K Sensor||HERO 16K Sensor|
|3.||PROGRAMMABLE BUTTONS||8 programmable buttons||11 programmable buttons||11 programmable buttons|
|5.||SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS||Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, powered USB port, Internet connection, and over 100MB hard drive space (for optional software download)||Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.11 or later, Chrome OS, USB port, Internet access for Logitech G HUB (optional)||Windows 7 or later, Mac OS X 10.11 or later, Chrome OS, USB port, Internet access for Logitech G HUB software|
|7.||RESOLUTION||240-4000 dpi||100 – 16,000 dpi||100 – 16,000 DPI|
|8.||MAX. ACCELERATION||>16 G||> 40 G||> 40 G|
|9.||MAX. SPEED||>500 IPS||> 400 IPS||> 400 IPS|
||PTFE Feet: > 250 kilometers||PTFE Feet: 250-km range|
|12.||WARRANTY||2 YEARS||2 YEARS||2 YEARS|
|13.||USER REVIEW ON AMAZON||4.5/5||4.3/5||4.3/5|
LIST OF PROS AND CONS
|Value for money product||Not wireless|
|Ergonomic design||Not for wider hand grip|
|Great budget option for gamers||Lower on resolution.|
|Easy and comfortable hold|
|Superior quality HERO sensor||Pricy, especially the wireless one|
|Has a wireless variety available||Scroll wheel heavy|
|Excellent for gaming|
The G402 is a good budget mouse for gamers which comes with 8 customizable buttons and adjustable DPI sensors. It offers a speed of up to 500 IPS. The onboard memory makes it easier to save game specific settings. The G502 on the other hand has the superior HERO 16K sensor that offers awesome accuracy and high quality response, giving you an upper hand during gameplay.
Moreover, this mouse offers upto 16,000 DPI. The G502 wireless comes at a hefty price with more or less all the features of the wired G502. Only thing is that apart from being wireless, G502 also has the POWERPLAY option whereby you don’t need to worry about charging and keep on playing without interruption. Overall, if you are looking for a value for money product with high grade performance, the wired G502 is a great choice.
As with any product, research well and set out what criterias you are looking for. If you are already using a gaming mouse, see how G402 or G502, will bring you an added advantage or how it is upgrading your currently used product. Moreover, assess whether wireless matters to you a lot, if not, look for features that will give you an edge. Both G402 and G502 are great options, and would make for an awesome gaming experience. Also keep your budget in mind, go through reviews, and finally choose wisely!