In a post on PlayStation Blog, Naughty Dog Community Strategist Arne Meyer revealed a number of details for the upgrade to PS4. The Last of Us Remastered will include a 1080p resolution as well as higher resolution character models, an improvement to shadows and lighting and upgraded textures, amongst other things.
Meyer said: “We will be revealing more detailed information about the upgrades for the PS4 version in the coming months.”
In addition to the technical improvements, the Remaster will also include a director’s commentary for the in-game cinematics, which will feature Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Game Director, as well as the lead voice actors in the game Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson, who play Joel and Ellie, respectively.
The PS4 release will include all DLC that has been released for the game since its release last June. This includes the single player expansion “Left Behind” as well as the Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack and Reclaimed Territories pack.
Pre-orders for the game will feature their own little extras depending on which retailer you get it from. The post confirmed the bonuses will be as follows:
• Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
• Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
• Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
• Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
• 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
• Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
The Last of Us Remastered is coming out for PlayStation 4 in summer 2014.
What are your thoughts on this news? Any of the pre-order bonuses you like the look of? What other enhancements are you hoping for?