Find out if online casinos are popular in the U.S. and learn about some of the advantages of internet gambling sites over land-based casinos.
Are Internet Gambling Sites Popular and What Advantages Do Online Casinos Offer
Gambling is a popular pastime worldwide with an estimated 1.6 billion people or 26% of the world’s population gambling regularly. Furthermore approximately 4.2 billion people gamble in one form or another at least once a year. In recent years online gambling has become attractive to people for a number of reasons. These include advances in technology and marketing promotions such as the Duelbits promo code which rewards players for registering to their site.
Until recently, the United States has lagged behind the rest of the world when it comes to online gambling. This began to change in 2013 when New Jersey became the first U.S. state to permit online casinos. Now, online casino platforms generate monthly revenues of over $80 million in New Jersey which translates to increased tax revenues for the state
With New Jersey’s venture into online gambling proving to be a success other states have followed suit. There are now 6 U.S. states that allow online casinos; New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Other states are also considering legalizing online casinos including Arizona, Georgia, Missouri, and South Dakota. Online casinos have proven to be very popular in the U.S. with an estimated 10 million Americans playing at online casinos regularly.
Advantages of Playing at Online Casinos
Players aren’t shifting to online casinos because they don’t have other options. Throughout the United States there are hundreds of land-based casinos where players can go to gamble. Online casinos offer a number of advantages over traditional land-based casinos which is why their popularity is growing. These advantages include:
- Convenience: Online casinos are far more convenient to play at than land-based casinos. At the very least a player will have to drive across town to gamble at a traditional brick and mortar casino. In some cases, they may have to drive hundreds of miles. Gamblers can play at an online casino right from home or anywhere they have internet access. Funding a gambling session is also easier at online casinos. Players can use a variety of payment methods such as credit cards, PayPal, ewallets and even cryptocurrency. Anybody who has spent time looking for an ATM while playing at a traditional casino can appreciate this.
- Operating hours: Online casinos are available 24/7, 365 days a year. While some land-based casinos keep those hours, many of them close for a portion of the day. You can play at an online casino any time the urge hits you.
- Bonuses and promotions: Most online casinos offer a variety of bonuses and promotions to attract users to their sites and keep them returning. You can even earn money from online casino bonuses without having to spend any of your own cash. Gambling sites often offer bonuses for registering to their site or when a player deposits funds to their online casino account. While bonuses come with some requirements and restrictions, they can still work to the player’s advantage
- Variety: Players will find a much better selection of games at online casinos than at conventional casinos. Thousands of slots and other casino games are available with much better visuals than games in conventional casinos. Online gambling sites even offer live games that are streamed directly to a player’s device. On top of that, the games you want to play will always be available. No waiting for somebody to stand up from a slot or table so that you can play the game you want.
- Good for beginners: For players new to gambling, online casinos provide a much friendlier environment. Many online sites allow players to try out games for free to give them a chance to become familiar with a game so they can learn without risking any cash. When a beginner makes a mistake at an online casino nobody becomes irritated or critical of a wrong play, something that occasionally happens at conventional casinos
- Less expensive: It is less expensive to play on internet gambling sites than playing at conventional casinos. To begin with there are no travel expenses to get to the casino. In addition, the minimum bet requirement is much less at online casinos than at a conventional casino where it can often be difficult to find a table game with a $5 minimum.
- Better odds: A player’s chances of winning are typically better at an online gambling site as they offer better odds. They are able to do this as internet gambling sites have lower overhead than conventional casinos as well as a larger player base. Because of a larger player base, online casinos can also offer larger jackpots on games like progressive slots where players can win huge sums of money from a relatively small bet.
With all these advantages, the popularity of online casinos in the U.S. will continue to grow for the foreseeable future.