Today, January 20, a huge new DayZ experimental patch will hit the servers. This one brings a lot of welcome changes, plus a ton of additions to the game world, making it just a bit more awesome. This patch won’t hit the full game though until it’s tested and if you want to give it a try, you’ll have to sign up for it.
Signing up for the experimental patches in DayZ is easy: In your steam application settings, you can choose a “beta branch”. This allows you to opt in to our experimental branch to try it out. Have in mind that just a small number of servers will run this branch and you will probably have a hard time finding one with empty slots. But it’s certainly worth trying because… well… it’s the new DayZ.
Here are the complete changes brought in by this new DayZ patch that kicks in today:
- Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
- Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
- Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)
- Balanced stomach capacity,
- Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)
- Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants
- Version number in server browser and details
- Saline transfusion doesn’t refill full blood
- Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won’t give sick badge if you aren’t actually sick
- Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view
- Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed
- Players can’t pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.
- Magnum speedloader should be spawning now
- Number of backpacks spawning lowered
- Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.
- Number of M4A1s spawning lowered
- Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death
- Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine
- Editable character name in main menu
- Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
- Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
- DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.
- Signature verification against PBOs
- Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns
- Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns
- Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns
- Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns
- Added hacksaw into the loot spawns
- Added shotgun into loot spawns
- Berry picking
- Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
- Saw-off shotgun recipe
- Opening cans with saw
- Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint
- Added spraypaint can into loot spawns
- Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)
If you don’t want to test this patch early, the developers think that it will hit the stable game in less than a week. Either way, it’s pretty exciting to know that we can now pick berries, create a sawed-off shotgun and we can no longer put full backpacks inside our backpacks.