Blackjack is a popular card casino game in which players compete against a dealer to get the highest score or to reach 21. The reason for the increased popularity of the game is that it’s easy to learn, and you can employ different strategies to increase your chances of winning. Although strategies help, luck also plays a role.
There are many strategies, tactics, and rules you can use and follow for increasing your chances of winning at blackjack. Some of them include doubling down, splitting, standing, hitting, and there is the insurance. You can check out Jayson Peter’s guide on blackjack insurance on CasinoUSA to learn about how to win using the bet strategy. You will also find other blackjack tips to help you win on the site.
If you like playing at traditional casinos, you might want to memorize a few of these strategies, but if you play online, you don’t have to. Betting systems, or strategies, are designed to reduce the casino’s house edge and increase the odds of winning. Here are some of the famous betting strategies to consider.
1. 1-3-2-6 Betting System
The 1-2-3-6 betting system is beautiful yet simple. This strategy is super easy to grasp and use, and it can also be largely rewarding if used well. The strategy is also used for online casino games like roulette and baccarat. To get started, gamblers must set a fixed stake, which is the betting unit that must be multiplied. This way, for any hand you win, you must always multiply the stake, ensuring that you don’t take too much risk. If you lose this system, you can restart or use another strategy.
2. Oscar’s Grind Betting System
Oscar’s Grind betting strategy is also easy, but it’s a high-risk, high-reward system. The strategy doesn’t demand you make more bets of high value if you’re on the losing end, but the system deals with longer streaks of both winning and losing. To get started, you have to:
- Set your winning goal.
- Decide the value of every single bet or unit size.
- Make a single-unit bet.
- If you win using the best, increase by another single unit.
- Keep doing this for every bet you win until you reach the winning goal.
- If you lose at any point, you can start all over or use another strategy.
3. Fibonacci Betting System
The Fibonacci system can give you better chances of winning, but when you encounter losses, it can be huge because it typically states that you have to increase your bets when you’re on the losing end. The popular mathematical sequence employed in blackjack is as follows:
- The initial two numbers are 1 and 1.
- The third number is the sum of the first two.
- Subsequent numbers are the sum of the previous two numbers, i.e., 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8…
- You increase each betting unit in blackjack as the sequence increases in the Fibonacci scale when you lose.
- Reduce each betting unit by two numbers as you win.
4. Paroli Betting System
Paroli is a betting strategy in which you must double your wager if you win three times in a row. It’s one of the most popular strategies modified and implemented in blackjack. It’s risky since you have to win three times consecutively, but you can reduce the risk to some extent by betting low on the initial wager. To get started,
- Wager a single unit (preferably a low one).
- If you lose, repeat with a single unit bet.
- Keep doing this until you win, then double to two units the next time.
- If you lose again, you start the whole process over.
- If you win after doubling, you double again to four units.
- In the end, you either win or lose money.
5. Labouchere Betting System
Henry Labouchere developed this system in the early 1800s, but it was initially made for roulette but modified for other games like blackjack. The method is complicated and unsuitable for beginners, but it is interesting once you get the hang of it. It works based on negative progression, or you increase each bet after you lose. It’s not for the faint of heart, and there’s a risk of running out of funds before recovering your losses. To start:
- Make a number sequence, such as 1, 2, and 3.
- The profit in each betting cycle is equal to the total of the numbers, i.e., 6.
- For each bet you make, the wager should be the total of the first and last numbers, i.e., 4.
- If you win, you remain with the other numbers, i.e., 2.
- If you lose, you state the last number of the sequence, i.e., add a 4.
- You keep repeating this strategy as long as you keep betting the sum of the last and first numbers.
Blackjack is a game of chance, but using a strategy can help increase your odds of winning. Strategies don’t work 100% of the time, but they can be effective with some luck. To reduce the risks involved, it is best to start with a low initial wager and gamble responsibly.