Even though the year 2021 has given us some hope in the form of vaccines getting approved, many countries around the world have still not gotten back to normal. Many countries are still under strict lockdown. It seems like the work-from-home situation will continue at least till the first half of this year. The lockdown has affected everyone in one way or the other. Amongst the most impacted ones are small businesses. Managing a workforce from a distance is not easy, and small business owners cannot afford further losses due to employee mismanagement.
According to NBC News, during the past few months amidst the lockdown, spying and monitoring apps usage has increased by 51%. Due to strict measures in place, countries like India, Australia, and the United States are developing their own applications to help concerned parents and employers take charge of things.
The Rising Concerns for Small-Scale Businesses
While there is an urge to develop and utilize smartphone monitoring apps, there are also concerns that smartphone monitoring apps may infringe the privacy of employees at workplaces. Since small-scale businesses have less margin to bear losses, they need to ensure technology serves them to boost their productivities.
Moreover, at is where employee monitoring apps have come to the rescue. There are many iPhone and Android spy apps of 2021 that employers can make use of to monitor their employees remotely. Let us look at some of the advantages of using employee monitoring apps for small-scale business owners.
- They are affordable. While some apps have extensive monitoring features that can be a little expensive, most monitoring apps have very affordable monthly plans. These are very reasonable for small-scale businesses. Some of the apps even allow you to pay according to the features that you want to use. So, if you only need minimal features, there is no need to buy a premium package. What if you get more than 40+ features in less than $5 a month; the best smartphone monitoring app can give you that much under one window.
- The monitoring apps allow business owners to track all the communication carried out by the employees. It includes access to their email accounts, phone calls, text messages, social media accounts, and even their web browsing history. It would allow you to ensure that no confidential data gets leaked through an employee.
- Many employees get tempted to watch a movie or sleep in during working hours. Employers can use spying apps to ensure that the working hours are getting fully utilized by the employees. They can use the GPS-tracking feature to check that the employees are where they are supposed to be.
- Employers do not have to hire an extra workforce to manage quality control for their sales department. They can download phone conversations and listen to them at their convenience. It will also help to keep the employees on their toes. They would know that all their communication is getting monitored. So, the employee monitoring tools can create a win-win situation amidst the pandemic. It is always good to have something monitor employees automatically.
- The employees’ reputation online affects the name of the organization. You can monitor your employees’ social media interaction via spying apps to ensure that they are not sharing anything that may have adverse effects on the company.
- Many monitoring apps give the user the option to wipe off all the data from the device remotely. If at some point the employer feels that an employee is misusing the company’s information, they can remotely wipe off all the data from their device. It could also come in handy in case the employee’s work phone gets stolen. Tracking a thief can be easy with technology by your side.
- Employee monitoring apps can get used in keeping the productivity of the employees in check. They can check when each employee has logged in and when they have logged out from their work device. It would be a great tool to guide employees at the time of appraisals. When photos and screenshots of employee’s cell phones and social media activities are taken every once in a while, employers have great control over their unproductive behaviors and activities.
The Concluding Words
Technology has a way to help small-business owners productively manage everything for their employees. Employees cannot play video games or chat with friends during working hours. Amidst COVID-19, technology can go a long way to help small-business owners to streamline their employees’ tasks. A win-win situation for both employers and employees can form.
Employees may thank employers for monitoring their activities in the end, if rewarded for their sincere efforts. This is the joy of using monitoring apps for both parties to make a small-scale business thrive amidst the pandemic.