“A new and highly virulent strain of the rabies virus emerges and spreads through the human population with frightening speed. The pandemic’s victims become grotesquely disfigured, wildly violent psychopaths, attacking the uninfected on sight. One of the “lucky” few apparently immune to the sickness, you, unfortunately, are also trapped in a city crawling with thousands of bloodthirsty Infected.” This is the official description of the game.
“I am legend“, anyone? Honestly, originality in a game is hard to obtain and even then if the game is not well developed it’s all for nothing. So, at least in this case we know not to aspect originality but a “well done” game.
For start, let’s see the system requirements just as they have been emailed by Doug Lombardi from Valve:
- OS: Windows Vista, XP or 2000
- CPU: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 or AMD64X2 (or higher)
- RAM: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
- DISC DRIVE: DVD-ROM Drive
- HARD DRIVE: At least 7.5 GB of free space
- VIDEO: Direct X 9 compatible video card (Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for pixel shader 2.0)
- SOUND: Direct X9.0c compatible sound card
Left 4 Dead will be available on PC and XBOX 360 starting from 21 November.