Word games are one of the most productive ways to pass your time. They are fun and engaging, and you improve your vocabulary by playing them. You can play these word games with friends and families and can compete in tournaments.
Almost every word game runs on a basic fundamental of scoring points by making and matching words. However, all of these games have different rules. Some games give more points to specific letters, and others allow extra points to the character length.
Are Seven-Letter Words Important in Word Games?
Yes, seven-letter words can give you more points, but it usually depends on the word game you are playing. Seven-letter words can also help you score Bingos which can gift you 50 extra points in Scrabble and 35 in Words With Friends.
Finding seven-letter words can be a challenge for many people. Using high-scoring letters in that word is even more challenging. However, you can use some tips and tricks to learn high-scoring seven-letter words.
One of the most effective ways to learn new words is using online tools. Online word tools give you infinite words according to conditions like seven-letter words, eleven-letter words, words without vowels, words with specific characters, and more.
These tools will give you several lists of words that can give you high scores in word games like Scrabble, Words With Friends, and more. You can see this list of high-scoring seven-letter words to win your next word game.
How to Build High-Scoring Seven-Letter Words?
You can find, build, and use high-scoring seven-letter words using many ways. As mentioned earlier, word tools are one of the most efficient ways to learn seven-letter words.
However, sometimes you can not use a word tool and have to rely on some tips and tricks of your own. Games like Scrabble give you more points for using unique letters in your word. You can use these high-scoring seven-letter words in Scrabble and other word games.
1) Asphyxy: Asphyxy is a valid Scrabble word related to Asphyxia. It can give you 25 points.
2) Pizzazz: Pizzazz means an attractive combination of glamor and vitality, and you can use it for living and non-living things. You can say that some people have a lot of pizzazz. This word can give you 45 points in Scrabble.
3) Muzjiks: Another Scrabble term that can be used to describe a Russian peasant. In Scrabble, this word has a 29 point value.
4) Jukebox: Jukebox is a machine that plays a selected musical hit when you put a coin in it. It can give you 27 points in Scrabble.
How to Convert Smaller Words Into 7-Letter Words?
Learning three-letter words can also come in handy if you want to build seven-letter words. Adding ing to several three-letter words can make a huge difference.
Here are some high-scoring three-letter words you can modify by doubling the last consonant and adding ing to the end.
1) Jogg(ing): Jogging means running at a steady pace. This word can give you 17 points in Scrabble.
2) Jibb(ing): You can use Jibbing as a verb, meaning refuse to follow instructions. This word can give you 19 points in Scrabble.
3) Jobb(ing): Jobbing means doing occasional pieces of work as a job. It means you are employed to do work occasionally rather than permanently. This word can give you 19 points in Scrabble.
4) Zagg(ing): Zag means making a sharp turn or change in direction. This process of changing direction quickly is called zagging. This word can give you 19 points in Scrabble.
5) Kipp(ing): Kipping means taking a quick nap or sleep. This word can give you 16 points in Scrabble.
6) Zapp(ing): Zapping means to kill, attack, or destroy. This word can give you 21 points in Scrabble.
You can also use tricks like adding s or es to the end and learning synonyms of specific words to build seven-letter words in Scrabble.