UPDATE 2: Rockstar have announced a title update that is designed to fix the most commonly reported GTA Online issues. The patch is now available for PS3 users to download. A 360 version is due to release by the end of the day. Most of the issues targeted with the patch are discussed below.
UPDATE 1: Rockstar have updated the list of issues involved with Grand Theft Auto Online and have promised that the team is “working around the clock” to fix these issues. In addition to the problems mentioned below Rockstar are attempting to combat issues such as the miscellaneous network and server related errors which include disconnections, an error where you instantly fail a mission once it starts, and errors where jobs won’t start or even load.
Rockstar have also update us with a new post, “We are continuing to look into these issues and are working around the clock on resolving them as quickly as possible. This includes close monitoring of our Support systems, forums, social media, and in-game data to measure traffic along with Community sentiment to ensure ongoing improvements to stability. Please stay tuned for more updates.”
Stay tuned for more news on GTA Online.
ORIGINAL STORY: As was warned by Rockstar earlier last week, the launch of GTA Online has been met with a great slew of issues and technical deficiencies. A great number of players have reported several different problems, including some players unable to play or load their singe-player game. Rockstar have addressed the issues with this launch and are currently investigating avenues for improvement and patches. On their Rockstar support page, the company gives a list of problems reported and acknowledged:
We will be updating this page as often as possible with the status of issues we are aware of and looking into. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification whenever major updates are posted, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.
- Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc).
The report concludes with the message, “We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this.”
They also implore people to visit their social club status page for updates on this feature.