As was warned by Rockstar earlier last week, the launch of GTA Online has been met with a great slew of issues and technical deficiencies. A great number of players have reported several different problems, including some players unable to play or load their singe-player game. Rockstar have addressed the issues with this launch and are currently investigating avenues for improvement and patches. On their Rockstar support page, the company gives a list of problems reported and acknowledged:
We will be updating this page as often as possible with the status of issues we are aware of and looking into. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification whenever major updates are posted, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.
- Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc).
The report concludes with the message, “We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this.”
They also implore people to visit their social club status page for updates on this feature.