In 2015, YouTube made changes to its platform to develop a division dedicated to gamers and gaming activities. Tubular Insight recently established that 15% of YouTube content is related to gaming activities. The proportion is significant, considering that the platform equally has videos and music.
With the significant presence on YouTube, the platform is like a forest with labyrinths challenging to navigate. This article will help you upload and download vidoes on your YouTube channel as you maneuver in the sophisticated platform and thrive as a gamer.
Here are the steps that will ensure you launch a successful YouTube gaming channel;
Identify Your Niche
YouTube offers a platform to showcase your ability as an accomplished hobbyist. It makes sense if you select a niche that you’re familiar with, and you can provide consistent content to your audience. Failure to choose the niche that suits you will mean that your audience will be ahead of you.
After selecting the most appropriate niche, it’s essential to distinguish yourself among your colleagues in your genre. Remember, more than 300 million video games are uploaded every minute, so you have to be uniquely talented to attract viewers.
Find the Right Tools
While you can start with the devices you currently have, it’s advisable to acquire sophisticated gadgets that will let you stay at par with your competitors. Like any other activity, YouTube gaming channels require you to invest in the right gaming equipment to give your audience the best experience. At first, you can go for ordinary tools, but you can upgrade later as your channel grows.
Like the case of a goalkeeper using gloves, some of these tools are basic to the extent that a hobbyist cannot make meaningful progress. Here’s a list of compulsory equipment for a YouTube gaming channel;
- Access to a gaming platform: YouTube only offers a platform to connect with your audience. However, the gaming experience comes from dedicated consoles such as Nintendo and PlayStations.
- Video recorder: If you don’t have a webcam, it’s advisable to get a digital camera with an excellent recording capacity to enhance your visibility.
- Screen capture software: A camera alone won’t be enough to display ideal images; this tool enhances the focus in the right zone.
- Audio equipment: A microphone/audio recording tool, especially for commentators.
- Lighting: You can omit it at the start, but if a quality image is your concern, attempt to acquire one.
- Video editing software: Without this tool, the pictures and audios may experience long pauses that can irritate your audience.
- Green screen: This is a tool you can do without, but if you’re keen on concealing your background from the audience.
Make careful video posts on your channel
If you don’t want to negate the earlier efforts, you should equip yourself with ideas on how to make quality videos for your channel. It involves real activity from posting videos to linking up with the audience. It calls for the best practices to establish your spot in the list of accomplished YouTube channels.
Here’s how the order of activities;
- Sign Up for a YouTube account; it’s the most uncomplicated procedure in a hobbyist’s life.
- Upload videos after you log in
- Select titles and keywords to make your post discoverable
- Customize your video thumbnail
- Create video intros and outros to give your audience a clue about the video
- Brace yourself for a short period of trial and error as you establish the right voice and style
Promote the YouTube channel
The platform isn’t unique from other business ventures that need significant marketing to reach prospective buyers. Social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram can be instrumental in making your occupation to get a global reach. Friends and family can also aid in this process as you minimize the use of money.
Learn from established fellows
YouTube is a vast platform that will make you look like a small turtle in the Pacific Ocean. Though other channel owners may appear as your direct rivals, you need them to learn and grow. For instance, observing what popular characters like PewDiePie does to command more than 91 million subscribers.
Respond to feedback from your audience
While the channel belongs to you, your success depends on your interaction with the audience. Incorporate their observation, but remember not to deviate from your primary objectives. Captivate your viewers to subscribe to your channel as you seek to establish a fan base.
Running a successful YouTube gaming channel may appear to be a daunting task, but it’s one of the right ideas if you can remain disciplined. The activity calls for patience and consistency for you to grow to the height of generating income from the platform.